BFO PDF Library 2.22.2

Our first PDF Library release for a few months includes two very large blocks of work. If these areas affect you, then an upgrade is definitely in order.

  • We have improved the support for JPEG2000 decoding - and have updated our blog article on the topic.
  • We have rewritten the Indic language shaping engine, which you'll need if you're working with any of those languages. Previously we managed to lay out Hindi text largely correctly. Now we have verified results with Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Punjabi(Gurmukhi), Gujarati, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Oriya, Sinhala, Tamil and Telugu. Here's one of our test documents if you're interested.
  • As a result of this, a lot of fairly subtle bugs in our OpenType font renderer have been fixed. While unlikey to have much an impact on western alphabets, there are improvements for Arabic, Hebrew, Vietnamese and other languages that stretch the capabilities of any text layout engine. Even Urdu is finally working!
  • We've improved the ability to downsample images when preflighting. We'll get an article on this topic up in the next couple of weeks, for now take a look at the API docs for the OutputProfiler.ImageAction class

And of course, there are the usual array of smaller bug-fixes and improvements: details in the change log.

As always, download the latest version from