Big Faceless Java Report Generator
The Big Faceless Java Report Generator is the leading Java component for converting XML to PDF documents. Using JSP, ASP or similar technology, you can now create dynamic PDF reports as quickly and easily as HTML.
Built on our popular Java PDF library, the Report Writer adds substantial functionality:
- HTML-style Tables - auto-sized nested tables with full control over padding, margins and borders.
- Use cascading CSS2 stylesheets to control look and feel
- Create inline graphs and charts with XML, direct from the database (using version 1 of our Graph Library).
- Includes a servlet and a servlet filter for simple generation of PDF's from XML or JSP pages.
- Auto pagination of content with page headers and footers
- Familiar HTML syntax - <a>, <ul>, <p>, <table>, <td> and so on - simpler and faster than FOP.
- All the features of our PDF library - Unicode support, Encryption, TrueType fonts, Barcodes and more.
Report Generator Extended Edition
Like our PDF Library, we offer an extended version of the Report Generator which has the following features:
- Load existing PDF documents as templates
- Digitally sign documents
- Create and edit interactive Forms, or "AcroForms"
Java PDF Viewer
The viewer available with the PDF library can be added to the Report Generator as well, giving you the ability to rasterize and display PDF's as well as create them. See the PDF Library page for more details on the viewer.
Big Faceless Report Generator
BFO's Java Reporting tool provides some of the most comprehensive and advanced XML
to PDF conversion on the market. As our XML is based on XHTML and uses CSS the
learning curve is drastically reduced - report designers don't have to learn an
entirely new grammar, so are up and running quicker.
The "two-stage" system of first generating the XML and then converting it to PDF means you can generate XML with any tool, although JSPs are the natural choice. This means you have access to the full range of Tag Libraries designed for JSP. Database connectivity is all taken care of before the XML conversion begins, so you can use whatever method you prefer to get your information from the backend into XML. The whole process is remarkably simple.
The trial version is fully functional (it stamps "DEMO" on each page of the report) and includes graphs, charts, tables and more, as well as all the features of the PDF library it's built on. This allows you as much time as you need to ensure that it meets your requirements. We offer free ad-hoc support during development so if you have any technical queries please do drop us an email.
Customers using the BFO Report Generator say:
- "The quality of the software and the support is outstanding" - KTB
- "The Report Generator works solid and fast" - Siemens
- "The price was far less than I expected" - KPMG
- "Documentation is excellent and I've been extremely impressed with the service and help I've received" - Softpile
To use the package, you will need at least Java 1.4 and a SAX parser installed and running on your system. The package uses no native code and will run easily from EJB's or Servlets on Windows, Unix or any other system running Java 1.4 or greater.
Which BFO Product?
Step through a wide range of comprehensive examples that demonstrates the versatility of the Report Generator.
Documentation can be viewed online and is also included with the product download.
- Element and Attribute Guide Online or Download It
- Javadoc API online
- Userguide (PDF, 344KB)
- License Agreement